Steelangel's Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steelangel's Creations

The Aztec Account of the Spanish Conquest of Mexico

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Motecuhzoma Awaits Wordfrom the Messengers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Motecuhzoma Awaits Wordfrom the Messengers Empty
PostSubject: Motecuhzoma Awaits Wordfrom the Messengers   Motecuhzoma Awaits Wordfrom the Messengers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:49 am

While the messengers were away, Motecuhzomaa could neither sleep nor eat, and no one could speak with him. He thought that everything he did was in vain, and he sighed almost every moment. He was lost in despair, in the deepest gloom and sorrow. Nothing could comfort him, nothing could calm him, nothing could give him any pleasure.

He said: "What will happen to us? Who will outlive it? Ah, in other times I was contented, but now I have death in my heart! My heart bums and suffers, as if it were drowned in spices ...! But will our lord come here? "

Then he gave orders to the watchmen, to the men who guarded the palace: "Tell me, even if I am sleeping: 'The messengers have come back from the sea."' But when they went to tell him, he immediately said: "They are not to report to me here. I will receive them in the House of the Serpent. Tell them to go there." And he gave this order: "Two captives are to be painted with chalk."

The messengers went to the House of the Serpent, and Motecuhzoma arrived. The two captives were then sacrificed before his eyes: their breasts were torn open, and the messengers were sprinkled with their blood. This was done because the messengers had completed a difficult mission: they had seen the gods, their eyes had looked on their faces. They had even conversed with the gods!
Back to top Go down
http://steelangels-profile.blogspot.com

Motecuhzoma Awaits Wordfrom the Messengers
Page 1 of 1